Aloe vera is a succulent prickly plant of the Lily Family which grows in warm, frost-free climates and which has been known for centuries as a potent medicinal plant according the “folk medicines” of cultures around the world. Any nearly pure Aloe vera liquid product, whether called Gel, Juice or Whole Leaf Extract, comprises the fluid obtained by breaking up the structure of the Aloe leaf and separating off the solid residues to leave a more or less clear solution.
The Egyptians called Aloe the “Plant of Immortality” because it can live and even bloom without soil. Aloe has been used medicinally since at least the first century C.E. and continues to be used extensively worldwide. In Egypt, aloe was called “the plant of immortality” and was given as an offering at the funerals of pharaohs and used in the baths of Egyptian queens Nefertiti and Cleopatra.
According to the Roman scholar, Pliny, the plant was also used for embalming.
Alexander the Great conquered Socotra Island, reportedly at the request of Aristotle, just to obtain aloe.
In the first century C.E., the Greek physician Dioscorides used aloe for mouth infections, sores, wounds and as a purgative.
In the10th century, aloe was used in England and during the 17th century, records show that the East India Company frequently purchased aloe from the king of Socotra.
Today, Egyptians still hang an aloe plant over the door of a new house to provide a long and fruitful life for its occupants. In India the whole leaves, exudate, and fresh gel aloe are used as a cathartic, stomachache, emmenagogue, and antihelminthic.
In China, Mexico, and the West Indies, it has become a common household remedy for a variety of uses. Until the 1930s in the U.S., the primary commercial use of aloe was the dried latex as a laxative.
1. Aloe Vera has a wonderfully beneficial action on bowel function which results in a smooth and efficient transit of contents, often eradicating inconvenient, colicky pain.
2. Assists in healthy digestion A healthy digestive tract ensures that nutrients from the food we eat are absorbed into the bloodstream. There is clear, clinical evidence that by drinking Aloe Vera Gel the bowel is able to absorb these nutrients more efficiently, especially protein.
3. Aloe Vera is a natural balancer in many areas and nowhere more so than inside the gut where it tends to regulate the proportion of bacteria and yeasts that inhabit it. At various times in life people can develop an imbalance through a variety of causes which can lead to problems and, as with probiotics, Aloe may often help to normalise the situation.
4. Aloe vera used to heal skin wounds.
5. Aloe vera plant is used to heal burn.
6. Helps in speeding recovery time after surgery.
7. Aloe vera gel is used on blisters.
8. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing insect bites.
9. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing rashes.
10. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing sores.
11. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing herpes.
12. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing urticaria.
13. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing fungus.
14. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing vaginal infections.
15. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing conjunctivitis.
16. Aloe vera Plants are also helpful in healing allergic reactions.
17. Aloe gels are applied on dry skins to give them glowing effect.
18. Helps in reducing acne.
19. Helps to reduce sunburn.
20. Aloe vera helps to fight frostbite.
21. Aloe vera uses includes fighting from shingles.
22. It helps in screening out x-ray radiation.
23. Aloe vera used to reduce psoriasis.
24. Aloe vera used to reduce rosacea.
25. Aloe vera used to reduce warts.
26. Wrinkles from aging are reduced by applying Aloe vera.
27. Aloe vera used to reduce eczema.
By drinking the Gel with all its important ingredients (often now deficient in our food) including 19 of the 20 amino acids needed by the human body, and seven of the eight essential ones that just cannot be made, the body is able to get enough to allow complex enzyme systems to work really well. This means the body can function at 100%. The net result to the individual is a wonderful feeling of well being which tends to go with an improved ability to withstand and even fight illness.